Volunteering is a great way to gain experience and to improve your confidence and self-esteem. It is something you can do in your spare time but you can also volunteer full-time after leaving school, provided you are also undertaking some part-time study or training. Below you will find some useful organisations that can help you find volunteering opportunities.
So, why volunteer? You might choose to volunteer so that you can:
- have fun and meet new people
- try new things
- follow your interests and test your career ideas
- learn new skills
- build up your self-confidence and self-esteem
- gain experience to put on your CV
- get involved in your community and make a difference!
- Do-it The national database of volunteering opportunities. You can search by interest, activity or location and apply online.
- National Citizen Service Open to all 15-17 year olds, this programme helps you learn new skills for work and life while you take on new challenges and meet new friends.
- vInspired Connects young people with volunteering opportunities. Search by postcode, town or keyword. Record your volunteering and get a vinspired award.
- Norfolk Community Directory Find volunteering opportunities in Norfolk. Search by keyword, location or distance to find opportunities in your local area.
- Norfolk County Council - Volunteering Find out more about volunteering opportunities with Norfolk County Council.
- Voluntary Norfolk Promotes, supports and develops volunteering and the work of voluntary organisations in Norfolk.