Information for Parents & Carers
We all know being a teenager can be hard. Supporting one can be too. Particularly when you’re helping them make big decisions that could shape their future. One thing’s for certain; helping them make a choice they feel good about now is the best way to put them on the path to future happiness and success. Whether it’s exactly what you expected them to do next, or something a little unexpected.
That’s what this page is all about. Taking you through the options and helping you find the information and advice you need, to help them choose a next step that’s right for them.
Don't forget that, whatever choice they make, they’ll have to stay in education or training until they are 18.
More within Information for Parents & Carers
- Education catch-up for your child The Department for Education (DfE) is supporting catch-up programmes and fun activities for all children and young people in England.
- The Parents' Guide to The Parents’ Guide To supports parents in giving their teenage children the right advice about next steps at 16 and 18 years old.
- Subject choices at 13/14 Information on the choices your son/daughter has to make in Year 8 or 9.
- Choices at 16 Information about the options available to your son/daughter after Year 11.
- Raising the Participation Age (RPA) What RPA means for your son/daughter.
- Parents/carers guide to work experience Information about work experience, including virtual opportunities, to support your son/daughter.
- Norfolk Work & Skills Information about Norfolk's key employment sectors