What is HE?
Higher education (HE) describes the range of courses you can take - such as degrees, Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) and Diplomas of Higher Education (Diploma HE) - after you have completed your Level 3 course such as A Levels, BTEC National qualification or other Level 3 course.
Higher education is not just offered at universities. There are many opportunities to study at this level at local colleges too, as well as distance learning from the Open University and other providers. You may also like to consider taking a higher education course abroad. There are also new opportunities to study for a degree whilst working through Higher and Degree Apprenticeships.
What are the potential benefits of HE?
Higher education can help you:
- boost your future earnings
- get a qualification for a high level job
- develop other skills to improve your career
- get involved in all sorts of activities, sports and groups
- meet people from a wide variety of different countries and cultures
- make lifelong friendships
- increase your confidence and independence
- achieve your full potential.