Where can I study for my GCSEs?


Most of you will choose to continue with your Key Stage 4 studies full-time at your current school.  Your school knows you well and your tutor and teachers will give you information and advice about your option choices.

Your school will provide you with the core GCSE subjects of maths, English and science together with a range of GCSE subject options.  Some schools may also combine these with other applied or vocational subjects.


Alternative provision at a Further Education College or Training Organisation

Some of you may find that your option choices at your school include courses where you will spend some of the week at a local further education college or training organisation during Key Stage 4.  Here you usually learn more practical and work-related skills linked to a particular career area such as hair and beauty, animal care, construction, engineering or sport.


University Technical College Norfolk (UTCN)

You may choose to apply to join Norfolk's UTC in Norwich which specialises in science and engineering.  At Key Stage 4 you will study the core GCSE subjects of Maths, English and science together with a range of other GCSE subject options.  You will also study qualifications in engineering and undertake two weeks of relevant work experience.